Khadlaj Titan Review: The Affordable Middle Eastern Clone of Stronger With You?
The Introduction
Khadlaj, a UAE-based house known
for blending traditional Arabian quality with modern Western sensibilities, has
released its new (yes, I know I am late tot he party on this) take on Stronger
with You (SWY) Parfum. Although, not a one-to-one dupe of SWY Parfum, Titan is
very close and I would say it is 90 – 95% there. This Eau de Parfum is a
balance the manages to be bold and masculine while retaining a smooth,
luxurious, and highly wearable profile. If you're looking for an affordable
take on SWY Parfum that projects better and lasts all day, stop searching;
Titan is it.
Quick Facts & Specification
|
Brand |
Khadlaj (UAE) |
|
Fragrance
Name |
Titan |
|
Concentration |
Eau de Parfum
(EDP) |
|
Scent Family |
Oriental woody
/ spicy aromatic |
|
Scent DNA |
Close match
to Emporio Armani Strong With You Parfum |
|
Best use |
Cooler weather,
date night, daytime signature |
|
Atomiser |
Pressurised (excellent) |
The Scent Profile: A Journey
from Citrus to Suede
Khadlaj Titan is an Oriental Woody
fragrance, but that description barely captures the sophisticated depth within
its layers. It offers a dynamic wear experience that evolves beautifully over
hours, moving from a warming spice to a rich, resinous base.
Top Notes: Warm, Spicy Citrus
Fragrancia states the opening as
having notes of Mandarin, Pink Peppercorn, and Grapefruit. Personally, I
get the pink pepper with a hint of citrus but not a fresh smelling citrus but
more of a warmer spicier citrus. It has the initial warming scent and feel,
like a warm fruity mulled drink on a cold day but without the boozy scent.
Heart Notes: Refined Suede
& Smoky Incense
I detect the suede note but it is
not overpowering. The incense is present and adds to the overall warming scent
of this perfume. As the initial opening drops away, the suede / incense blend
mellows into a sophisticated, refined scent. The incense gives it a slight but
not overpowering smoky edge. While Lavender is listed, I do not strongly detect
it.
Base Notes: Rich Tonka &
Creamy Amber
The dry-down is where Titan really
comes into its own. The amber and Tonka comes to the forefront, adding a
richness to this scent. I can detect a creamy vanilla element but it’s not in
your face; it adds a slight sweetness to compliment the spice and smoke. It
leaves a powerful, long-lasting trail of sophisticated masculinity that has
garnered many compliments while wearing.
Performance Metrics: Longevity
& Projection
Khadlaj Titan delivers an
impressive performance, especially for its price bracket, elevating it above
many designer scents.
·
Projection / Sillage: I get a strong projection
(fills the room initially) and sillage for the first hour or so before it
settles to a few feet of projection.
·
Longevity: While some report 7 to 9 hours
of strong presence, I personally get around 6 hours of skin scent. Importantly,
on clothes, I can still smell it faintly the next day faintly, confirming a
fantastic lasting power.
·
Atomiser: The pressurised atomiser is
fantastic and one of the best I have used. It dispenses a fine, wide mist that
ensures perfect application every time. This attention to detail elevates the
experience beyond its price point.
Final Verdict: Is Khadlaj Titan
Worth Buying?
Khadlaj Titan is a sent I love to
wear and get compliments with. Personally, I love the SWY scent DNA and range,
which this very closely links to.
The price is what makes this
perfume for me. I can get a close copy of the SWY scent, 100ml EDP with better
projection and longevity for 1/3 of the cost of the original. My wife also
loves the scent which is a bonus!
|
Pros |
Cons |
|
High value
(excellent performance for the price) |
Lacks originality |
|
Impressive
atomiser |
Longevity can
vary depending on skin chemistry |
|
Mass-appealing
compliment getter |
|
Rating: 4/5
Where to buy Khadlaj Titan?
If you would like a 5ml sample to
try before you commit to a full bottle, you can email me at unwrappedscents.uk@gmail.com for
just £7 with shipping.
If you are interested in buying this perfume you can use this link and get 5% off. It helps me and you save a little of the price.
Reader Discussion
Have you tried Khadlaj Titan, and
how does it compare to Stronger With You for you? Share your thoughts and your experiences
with its longevity in the comments
below!


Comments
Post a Comment